Monday, August 6, 2007

#22 Audiobooks

I had some success with Project Gutenberg. I didn't want to set up another account with a web site that I wouldn't use. As I said before when we were talking about audio books, I prefer to have a book in my hand to read, not stare at a computer screen or an electronic device. That said, I tried researching 3 different authors that I was interested in with no success. I looked at the top 100 books and found mostly classics and obscure non-fiction books. I don't think that is a bad thing. It may be a way for one of our patrons to read a book that we can't acquire for them ourselves. So I think it may be good customer service to have that knowledge on hand. I didn't see any information regarding the length of the books, timewise, and no descriptions about the books themselves. It could be that I just didn't look in the right place, but it made it difficult to choose a book. I did like the FAQs with the varied categories. I thought that was good customer service also.

2 comments:

Cat O Logger said...

I ractically said the same thing as you about the "book in hand". I guess we are the old-school generation. Somehow it doesn't seem as cozy to curl up with an e-book.

Cat O Logger said...

OOPS!! I missed the "p" on practically.