Monday, August 6, 2007

#23 The End Of The Beginning

Yahoo! I am done! I thought this was a great learning experience. It was fun and interesting most of the time, and I plan on revisiting many of the websites that we had to learn about. I think I would feel confident answering some questions if I needed to in order to help a library patron. I appreciate the opportunity to learn about Learning 2.0 technologies, and feel that each task was just enough to learn about in each one. I would say that the benefits definitely outweigh the drawbacks of the tasks. The drawbacks were: no way 15 minutes for each task was enough, I would say most took at least an hour, I didn't like signing up for all of the web sites, most that I will never use again, I don't like providing personal information on the web, and I have received some really weirdo e-mails, some containing viruses, since I started. Besides the things I just mentioned, I thought it was a great program. I think that the library system should offer this learning opportunity to the patrons in computer classes, although that would take a big time commitment, and I think the area media teachers in the schools should learn about it also. Thanks!

1 comment:

westernmdjen said...

Love the title - 'End of the Beginning' - how apropos!

Jennifer